Union of Italian Musicians and Artists (http://www.unionemusicisti.it) launches the second edition of MusicalMuto, International Silent Film Festival reserved for short movie to be played live. MusicalMuto, scheduled in Naples from 14 to 17 October, collabores with Regione Campania and the moral patronage of Italian universities, iand institutions.
The competition is reserved for young people, of all nationalities, among 18 and 30 years old, and is divided into four sections:
- Cultural and promotion documentary (history, landscape, art);
- Stories (fiction);
- A fourth section is dedicated to high school and university students, reserved for videos accompanied by a live performance by the author or the proposing group. Participation in this section is free of charge.
The short films in competition must respect the following rules:
- the movie must not contain any audio track;
- maximum duration of 10 minutes;
- the work must be presented in black&white (possible monochromatic toning);
- the works must be unpublished for Italian festivals and carried out in 2019-20.
Each author can participate with a maximum of three works.
For all sections, the works will be selected by the Festival selection committee, which will set the programming dates according to the needs of the Festival. The Festival selection committee makes its own choices based on its own assessments.
Each author must fill in a participation form. The application form must be sent in pdf format (signed), duly signed, in the case of electronic submission.
Sending the participation form implies automatic acceptance of these rules.
The movies with live accompaniment, the authors and performers of the music (synchronous to the duration from the video) and the Institute or University of origin must also be indicated.
The participation fee (excluding the section dedicated to the works of students with live accompaniment) is € 10,00
The works must be sent by (shipping costs are borne by the participants):
- WeTransfer (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Email: email@example.com with the link of the work uploaded with youtube / downloadable vimeo (with password for download)
- Filmfreeway (in downloadable mode)
MusicalMuto Selection Committee will designate the admitted works.
The authors/producers of the selected works will receive a communication by email.
The Jury, with cinema and culture representatives (artistic and academic), will award the following prizes to the winner:
- MusicalMuto plaques;
- MusicalMuto 2020 winner – € 500;
- Student live accompaniment Category Winner – € 500
- DVD production and insertion of the work with the soundtrack in the online and offline circuits of the Union of Italian Artists and Musicians.
The jury may award three special mentions.
Calendar and Deadlines
Deadline for submitting is set no later than 24yh september 2020. The list selected works will be published by 5 October 2020 on social channels and on the Festival website.
The winner will be announced during the final events of MusicalMuto.
The calendar, the times of the screenings and the program will be scheduled on the website www.unionemusicisti.it.
The calendar may undergo changes which will be communicated through social channels and on the website.
Each author assumes responsibility for the content of his works and declares to be the owner of all rights.
Registration and acceptance of the regulation imply authorization:
- public screening of the works entered during MusicalMuto
- archiving in the MusicalMuto video archive
- future use, with the consent of the author and/or production, for public screenings for educational, social and cultural purposes
- publication of their data on the event website, on promotional material and dissemination to the press for promotional purposes.
The copies sent will not be returned and will become part of the MusicalMuto video archive.
The authors and / or the productions of the works sent authorize the projection and dissemination (TV, online) of sequences of the works for the promotional purposes of the event (up to 2 minutes for any work presented at the festival).
The selected and non-selected works will not be copied, duplicated or presented outside the official venues of the event.
The producers and distributors of all the winning works are invited to make a gift of an HD copy that will be deposited in the MusicalMuto archive, intended for conservation purposes excluding any commercial use.
Any form of propaganda after the announcement of the program by MusicalMuto must, for the explicit commitment of the participants, indicate participation in the aforementioned event with its section and with the official logo prepared and provided by the organization.
The works selected for the semifinal and final stages may show the indication of the “Official Selection” according to the official graphics prepared and provided by the MusicalMuto organization.
The winning works of an award must also include an indication of the recognition obtained according to the official graphics prepared and provided by the organization of MusicalMuto.
The authors of the works will be invited to accompany their film to the Festival. Travel, board and lodging expenses will be borne by the participants.
Personal data pursuant to and for the purposes of Legislative Decree 196/2003 on the processing of personal data will be processed by outsiders in compliance with the Law and will not be disclosed or communicated to third parties.
The communication of email address expresses the consent to the processing of data by the organization for the sole purpose of receiving information relating to MusicalMuto and its initiatives.
These regulations may undergo additions and/or modifications for the best outcome of the event.
This regulation and the registration form can be downloaded from the website www.unionemusicisti.it.
For more information, clarifications and/or partnerships send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org